Harris Computer is seeking an Assistant Controller to join the Corporate Finance team based in our Ottawa office!
Working for Harris is the perfect opportunity to fulfill your professional goals as well as achieve your personal goals and dreams! We are a financially strong, growing and stable company that offers employees the opportunity to learn and have fun. We empower our employees to make a difference and directly contribute to the success of the organization.
Assists the Controller in maintaining the corporation’s accounting/financial reporting functions. Supervises accounting for all transactions related to the general ledger such as receivables and payables and prepaid expenses. Oversees the company-wide reporting process and assists line managers in the financial planning process and management of financial results
• 60% Assists Controller with the maintenance of corporate fiscal records.
• Supervises transactions related to accounting and budgets.
• Ensures records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• 20% Assists Controller with technical and regulatory compliance matters.
• Ensures compliance with all accounting laws and regulations.
• Prepares for and provides necessary schedules, document, and files to auditors.
• 10% Conducts special studies, reports, and analyses as requested.
• 10% Provides management and leadership for accounting team, to include setting standards for performance and development. Ensures accountability of team members and takes appropriate action to recognize, reward, coach and discipline as needed
To meet this challenge you must possess a high level of initiative and energy as required to succeed in a fast-paced evolving environment, as well as several of the following skills:
Preference will be given to candidates with any of the following: